By default, when playing games, the computer screen will be scaled down. In this article, we will guide you on how to fix the issue of play games in full screen on Windows 10 and 11 for NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD graphics cards to help you achieve the best gaming experience possible.
How to setup play games in full screen on Windows 10, 11
Tips and Recommendations for Adjusting Full Screen for Gaming:
- HRC HotKey Resolution Changer software should not be used, although this software can adjust the screen resolution, only for older machines. The new models have a large resolution and especially cannot be used with Nvidia.
- It is recommended to utilize the Registry to fix the Scaling value for AMD and Intel cards, addressing the issue of games not opening in full-screen mode.
Setting Up Full Screen Gaming on Windows 10, 11 for NVIDIA Graphics
First, with the NVIDIA card, ItsmeIT also spent a considerable amount of time researching on reliable sources and found a very simple configuration solution. I will share again how to play games in full screen on Windows 11 or Windows 10, applicable for NVIDIA graphics card. Full-screen mode provides gamers with a better view of gameplay and minimizes distractions. Most games can be played in full-screen mode
Step 1. Open Settings NVIDIA Control Panel
Step 2. Configuring and Applying Full Screen Settings
After opening NVIDIA Control Panel, in the left menu:
- Tab Display click to “Adjust desktop size and position“.
- To the right of item number 2. Apply the following settings tab scaling and select Full-screen.
- The perform scaling on line selects the GPU option.
- Click Apply in the lower right corner for the configuration to take effect.
- Click Yes to confirm the change when asked.
- Open the game and check if it’s not full screen, you can try again with the resolution (1280×720) in the resolution section.
Fix Games Not Open Full Screen Mode for AMD and Intel Graphics Cards:
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run tool, or search for the word Run in the search bar, enter regedit and Enter. (Choose Yes when prompted)
- The Registry Editor panel displays, open the folders in turn according to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
- Continue to open the folders with the number 00 in turn and look for the line Scaling .
- Click Scaling twice and change the Value data value to 3, click OK to confirm.
- Open the game again to check and it has been adjusted to full screen to play the game, this method will apply to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Above is how to configure setup for playing games in full screen on Windows 10 and 11. From now on, you can play games with great screen resolution, including some favorite games like AOE, Audition, Warcraft III… that every gamer wants to experience for the best entertainment.