How to efficiently delete unused images in WordPress with just a few clicks using the Media Cleaner Pro v6.6.7 Plugin and free up valuable space on your VPS or hosting.
Download Plugin Media Cleaner Pro 6.6.7 – Delete Unused Images WordPress
When you make changes to the article image, product image, etc., the old images still exist and are not deleted even though they are no longer in use, or the files may be corrupted. This can cause unnecessary clutter and growth in your drive over time. The Media Cleaner Pro v6.6.7 plugin, which specializes in delete unused images, can help you easily clean and remove these unnecessary files from your WordPress website.
Media Cleaner Features in Pro Version
- Filesystem Scan – Analyze files directly. You should delete all the unreferenced ones in your media library.
- Support for Page-Builders, Page-Builders are difficult to support because they encode your data usage in their own way. Media Cleaner Pro ensures that all page builders are well supported, such as Divi, WPBakery, Fusion, Elementor, Beaver, Brizy, Oxygen, and more.
- Compatible with almost all plugins, including those that add new ways of using data such as ACF, ZipList Recipe, UberMenu, and many others, Media Cleaner Pro 6.6.7 is also compatible to help you delete unused images on your WordPress website.
- Live Web Analytics – This will analyze your website as if a visitor were actually browsing it, increasing detection quality.
- WP-CLI – Are you someone who is proficient in using commands? If so, you can add Media Cleaner to your command set or run that command from the shell. When you use it to delete unused images in WordPress, it will run much faster, and you can do it anytime you want.
How to install and use Plugin Media Cleaner Pro v6.6.7
Step 1. Download & install and activate the plugin
If you have downloaded the zip file, login to the admin page: navigate to Plugin Menu -> Install New ->Upload Plugin. Then find the media-cleaner-pro_6.6.7.zip file to install.
After you click to activate the plugin, the menu will have an additional item called Meow Apps, you can navigate to Dashboard or Settings by clicking Meow Apps->Media Cleaner or Media->Cleaner.
Step 2. Delete unused images on WordPress with Media cleaner plugin
When you open Settings, the first tab is: Media Library Scan, in the Pro version you can allow it to check if files, and images used by articles, products, or pages.. are not. The same goes for Live Content, Images Only, Attached Images (Filters) items.
Filesystem Scan: same as above, but this tab allows you to configure scanning of system files, default WordPress core images such as *.sql, *.txt, *.zip…
Advance: Allows you to configure the display of UI & Logs, alerts, and advanced plugin functions.
To start scanning and delete unused images in Wordpress with the Media Cleaner Pro v6.6.7 plugin click on the Access Media Cleaner Dashboard. You will get a warning to back up your site before doing so. Of course, you should back up first.
Click the blue Scan button to start scanning the default Media Library scan files.
You can delete all the images that the Media Cleaner Pro 6.6.7 plugin can scan by clicking the check box (check all). Or manually select which photos to delete.
There are some images that are not used for the article or product, or page but maybe it is used elsewhere eg logo, or favicon you can select and click Ignored.
Click Delete (?) entries to proceed with deleting the selected images.
All deleted unused images from your WordPress site will be stored in the “Trash” folder of the Media Cleaner Pro plugin. You can still restore them if needed. To restore an image, simply click on it and select the “Restore” option. Alternatively, you can empty the Trash folder by clicking on the “Empty Trash” button.
Media Cleaner is an exceptional plugin tool that allows you to effortlessly clean up your WordPress site by identifying and deleting corrupted files and images, as well as images that are no longer in use. With its user-friendly interface and powerful features, Media Cleaner Pro can save you a lot of time and effort in managing your media library.