In this post, we will show you how to install the Martfury v3.4 Theme for Magento 2, an e-commerce web platform built using the Zend framework in PHP, formerly known as the Adobe eCommerce Marketing Platform.
Download Martfury v3.4 Theme for Magento 2 + Install Demo
As you may know, Magento offers two versions: Open Source (B2C) for community use to connect businesses with customers, and Adobe Commerce (B2B) a paid version (Pro) for larger businesses, which costs over $22k per year. In this article, ITSMEIT will demonstrate how to install the Martfury v3.4 theme on Magento 2 Open Source version. This theme is highly rated for its stunning design and functionality, being fully responsive across all mobile devices and tablets. Additionally, its loading speed and numerous features are comparable to the popular Flatsome WordPress theme.
Step 1: Downloading the Martfury Theme for Magento 2 and Preparing Your Website
- The Martfury theme version 3.4 is compatible with Magento 2.3.x to 2.4.x. Specifically, this post from ITSMEIT will cover the installation of the theme for Magento 2.4.1. Note that if you are using Windows with XAMPP or MacOS, please be aware that pressing “Ctrl + W”.
- If you are new to Magento and need help getting started, we recommend checking out our guide on how to install Magento 2.4 on Ubuntu 22.04 or 20.04 using Composer.
- Once you have downloaded the zip file, extract it to your computer. Within the extracted folder, you will find the “theme-package.zip” file, which is the Magento 2 theme file.
Step 2. Extract and install the theme Martfury v3.4 for Magento 2
- After you have downloaded the Martfury v3.4 theme for Magento 2 and extracted it, open a terminal (Ctrl+ALT+T) from this folder and copy the theme-package.zip file to the folder containing the Magento source code.
cp -R theme-package.zip /var/www/vhosts/magento2.4/project-community-edition
- The command mentioned above by ITSMEIT copies the file from the extracted folder to the “project-community-edition” folder, which contains the Magento 2 source code. Next, navigate to the “project-community-edition” folder and extract the file to install the theme.
- If you are installing Martfury Theme for Magento 2 v3.4 on a Linux server, you can use FileZilla to upload the zip file directly to the Magento folder. Once the file has been uploaded, you can then log in to your server using SSH and use the “unzip” command to extract the file.
cd /var/www/vhosts/magento2.4/project-community-edition unzip theme-package.zip rm theme-package.zip
ITSMEIT used the “unzip” command to extract the “theme-package.zip” file and deleted it after the extraction was successful. If you do not have “unzip” installed on your system, you can run a command to install it.
sudo apt install zip unzip
Important: Within the extracted folder, there may be files called “X-patch-magento-2.xx” which are updates or patches to make the theme compatible with your version of Magento 2. For example, if you are installing the Martfury v3.4 theme on Magento 2.4.1, you may need to unzip an additional patch file called “magento-2.4.0-2.4.1.zip” and overwrite the existing files.
After unzipping the theme files, run the following command to install the Martfury Theme for Magento 2 version 3.4. This command will update the theme in the database and automatically import the demo homepage, theme settings, and more for your website. You can also choose to import a different homepage or customize it further using the MageBig menu in the Magento admin panel.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
As you can see in the image above, there are many MageBig_* modules installed and no errors occurred.
Step 3: Importing and Customizing Marfury Theme in Magento 2
- Log in to the admin page, click on MageBig -> Martfury v3.4 -> Choose Layout. Here, select the theme you want to import, click on Activate, and then click on Import Content as shown in the image.
- If you want to replace all the old data and import new data, select the “Override Blocks/Pages/Widgets” option. Wait for the import process to complete, then click on “System ->Cache Management” and select “Flush Magento Cache” to see the demo on the front end.
- Also under Choose Layout there is a Theme Configuration and Design Configuration section where you can customize and configure the interface for your website.
- With extension, functions like Ajax Filter, Ajax Infinite Scroll, Shop by brand… you can find it in MageBig -> Extensions or Stores ->Configuration-> MAGEBIG EXTENSIONS.
Step 4. How to change the theme in Magento 2
- To change the theme in Magento 2 for the Martfury v3.4 theme, note that every time you activate and import a demo, it will become the default theme. If you want to use a different theme, go to Content -> Configuration and click Edit in the Main Website Store section.
- In the Applied Theme section, select the Marfury – xx theme and click Save to change the theme.
Note: Every time you change configuration or edit products in Magento 2, you must clear the cache by clicking “System -> Cache Management -> Flush Magento Cache.” If you are building a site, you can disable three functions – Page Cache, Layouts, Blocks HTML output – so that you do not need to clear the cache when saving functions in the backend.
Follow the above steps to easily install the Martfury v3.4 Theme for Magento 2, a robust e-commerce platform that enables the creation of powerful and easy-to-manage websites. With strong community support on platforms like Stack Exchange and Stack Overflow, Magento 2 Open Source also offers a plethora of free and paid modules and extensions developed by businesses and the community. Whether it’s for your store, shop or business, you can freely choose to build your website with Magento 2.